- Council Actions
- Aging in Place
- Community Outreach
- Education, Culture & Arts
- Executive & Finance
- Elections & Bylaws
- Green Committee
- Homeless Issues
- Planning & Land Use
- Recreation & Open Space
- Committee on Public Safety
- Santa Monica Airport
- Transportation & Infrastructure
- Bi-Monthly LADOT/CD11/LAPD Traffic
- Fire Station 62 Ad Hoc
- Great Streets Ad Hoc
- Neighborhood Traffic Management Plan
- Community Forum
- Community Resources
- About Us
- Contact Us
Administrative Motions 2008
January 18, 2008
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: to affirm Mar Vista Community Council€™s intention to conduct our next round of elections this June in partnership with the City Clerks Office and adopt election-related bylaw ammendments.
February 12, 2008
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: Grant permission by the MVCC Board of Directors for a 2nd MVCC charge card (US Bank Card) be issued to MVCC Chair, Rob Kadota as stipulated in City of LA DONE Info. Bulletin 2008-0
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: The MVCC Treasurer should consider using paid bookkeeping support to get up to date.
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: to approve survey regarding SMO. See Santa Monica Airport Committee Motions and Report attachment A.
May 13, 2008
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: Accept proposed MVCC Standing Rules. See Attachment A.
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: to establish an Ad Hoc MVCC Web Development Management Committee (WebDev) to interface with MVCC and the selected Design Co. To be Co-Chaired by Colin Hatton and Babak Nahid with Keith Lambert, as a senior technical consultant.
June 10, 2008
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: Review and finalize MVCC Annual Stakeholder Survey 2008
August 12, 2008
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: Rob Kadota nominated the following as Chairs or Co-Chairs of MVCC Committees:
Community Concept Plan Committee - Sharon Commins, Chair
Education, Culture, & Arts Committee - Babak Nahid and Kate Anderson, Co-Chairs
Election and Bylaws Committee - Bob Fitzpatrick, Chair
Green Committee - Laura Bodensteiner, Chair
Outreach Committee - Albert Olson and Stephen Boskin, Co-Chairs
Recreation & Open Space Enhancement Committee - Tom Ponton, Chair
Safety and Security Committee - Bill Koontz, Chair
Santa Monica Airport Committee - Bill Scheding, Chair
Santa Monica College Bundy Campus Ad Hoc Committee - Bob Fitzpatrick, Chair
Transportation & Infrastructure Committee - Albert Olson, Chair
Urban Planning / Land Use Committee - Ken Alpern and Steve Wallace, Co-Chairs
Web Development Committee -Babak Nahid, Chair
Neighborhood Traffic Management Committee - Bill Pope, Chair
Director of Animal Welfare - Lola McKnight
DWP MOU Representative - Babak Nahid
The nominations were unanimously approved by the board.
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: To approve web redesign new Request For Proposal
September 9, 2008
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: To appoint Laura Bodensteiner to fillvacant At Large Director seat.
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: The current MVCC Board approved budget lacks required line item details as required by DONE. A more specific budget was presented for review and adoption by the board.
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: To change name of MVCC Urban Planning and Land Use Committee to Planning and Land Use Management Committee<(PLUM Committee)
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: To appoint Laura Bodensteiner to fill the position of Board Secretary9
September 25, 2008
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: The Mar Vista Community Council, in the interest of introducing Mar Vista stakeholders to the Mar Vista Community Council and its activities, may allocate money to support and partner with groups and organizations who are creating neighborhood block parties, with the following conditions:
- All publicity for the event must include a reference to MVCC sponsorship
- The organization or group putting on the block party must provide a forum for public introduction of the MVCC to the attendees at the party. In addition, the MVCC shall be allowed to host a booth or table where promotional materials can be distributed.
- The answers to the following questions may be used to make funding decisions. The group or organization putting on the block party shall answer the following questions:
- What is the average attendance for past neighborhood block parties put on by your group?
- What is the attendance you are anticipating for your block party?
- What is the budget of expenditures for this event?
- How are you raising money to pay for this event?
- How much money are you asking for from the MVCC?
- For what expenditure(s) will this money be used?
- Funding requests will be reviewed by the Outreach Committee and then sent to the MVCC Board for approval. At the end of the fiscal year, the Outreach Committee will review, evaluate and report to the Board on the effectiveness of the events as outreach. This administrative motion ends June 30, 2009.
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: The MVCC Board will establish an Ad Hoc Committee, at the board level, similar in nature and scope to the SMC Bundy Campus Ad Hoc Committee, to evaluate and vet proposals for future public use of the old Fire Station 62 Site.
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: The MVCC wishes to thank the LA Department of Water and Power, the CD5 office, and any involved City Agencies for their efforts to rewire underground, and thereby preserve the health of, the Moreton Bay Fig Tree at St. John's Church.
November 11, 2008
- Sharon Commins and Rachel Swanger are nominated to co-chair Old #62 Fire station Alternative Use Committee.
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: The MVCC will participate in the WATCH THE ROAD program as follows: At no cost to neighborhood councils, this program will create yard signs with the Watch for Kids/Watch The Road message and the neighborhood council name and logo. The Council must commit to: 1) coordinate a program to deliver the signs on a first come first served basis, 2) place a link to the WatchTheRoad.org website on our NC homepage (if available) and 3) contact WTR to request a community or NC presentation on traffic safety.
- ADMINSTRATIVE MOTION: To approve the ROSE Committee;s active role in a project to upgrade and beautify the stairway area leading from Beethoven St to Appleton Way, with Marilyn Marble as project manager.
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: MVCC approves the selection of Urban Insight Inc. as the designer and developer of the MVCC web site.
- ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION: MVCC approves the work-for-hire-contract between MVCC and Urban Insight for the design and development of the MVCC web site (Referenced contract document will be posted with this agenda on the web and copies will be available for review at the meeting)