- Council Actions
- Aging in Place
- Community Outreach
- Education, Culture & Arts
- Executive & Finance
- Elections & Bylaws
- Green Committee
- Homeless Issues
- Planning & Land Use
- Recreation & Open Space
- Committee on Public Safety
- Santa Monica Airport
- Transportation & Infrastructure
- Bi-Monthly LADOT/CD11/LAPD Traffic
- Fire Station 62 Ad Hoc
- Great Streets Ad Hoc
- Neighborhood Traffic Management Plan
- Community Forum
- Community Resources
- About Us
- Contact Us
Bicycle Committee - Feb. 2017
Date:Feb 2 2017 - 6:00pm
Committee on Bicycling
Thursday February 2, 2017 6:00-7:00pm
1. Introductions - WELCOME!
2. Public Comment / Announcements
3. Review and Approval of Meeting Minutes
4. CicLAvia is passing through Mar Vista (Sunday March 26th) Here are some ideas we generated at the last meeting:
a. Bike repair stands at MVCC Outreach Booth prior to CycLAvia
i. Jan. 29th, Feb. 12 (1/2 day) March 12th and March 19th
ii. Bikerowave – “Get Ready for CicLAvia” bike tune up event – March 11th.
b. Safe Biking Clinics and Rides leaving from the Market
i. LACBC offers classes $200 plus materials and so does Savvy Cyclist $ tbd
c. Bike Ride In at the MV Market (bike show)
d. Outreach at the MVCC Tent day of the event March 26th
i. Any volunteers? Work a 2 hour shift?
e. Special small circuit race on the Hill of Mar Vista on March 26th?
5. Mar Vista Eco Car Expo Sunday April 30th
i. Electric Bikes, Scooters and Skateboards?
ii. Reach out to an electric bike store to refer an owner? No sales people – real life users/owners only. Bike Attack, Helens?
6. New Business
a. Funding Motion – Allocate $500 to the Bicycle Committee for Safe Cycling Classes, materials and promotional materials.
7. Events, Meetings, Rides and Happenings
a. Expo to Downtown Culver City Bicycle Connector project public workshop: hosted by the Culver City Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC).
b. Ask an Officer event with LACBC Monday, Jan. 30th http://www.la-bike.org/
c. LACBC Sunday Funday Bike Ride – Super Bowl Sunday http://www.la-bike.org/
d. Bike with Mike (Bonin) Feb. 12th Westchester CD 11 Office
e. CicLAvia – March 26, 2017 Culver City to Venice Beach
f. AIDS/LifeCycle 2017 will take place June 4 - June 10, 2017; Resolution Ride rescheduled to Feb 12th
g. Central CA Climate Ride – LACBC Team June 9-13, 2017 (Ron “Ride Time” Howard – Team Captain)
8. Future agenda items
9. Public Comment
Resources and Topics for possible discussion
· Promotion of Safe Cycling/Driving (Respect is a Two Way Street)
o Three Foot Law
o Savvy Cyclist and League of American Cyclist
o Distracted Driver Education
· LA Vision Zero Alliance/Great Streets Bike Lanes
· LA City Planning Dept
· LADOT Bike Program (www.bike.lacity.org)
o LA City Bike Share program – Venice locations https://bikeshare.metro.net/
· Networking with the bicycle community
o Commuter/Electric Bike
o Weekend Warrior/Bike Path Only
o Fixie/Urban Cyclist
o Mass Transit/Bike/Walk – No Car Lifestyle (bikesatwork.com)
o Road Bike/Racing Community
o Endurance/Charity Ride Community
o DIY – Bamboo bike, Home Repair
o I don’t know how to ride a bike or am afraid to ride in LA – non rider
· Local/City/State/National Cycling nonprofit Organizations
§ http://www.shiftinggearscycling.com/ - Aids Lifecycle Training Group – No Drop/Strict Safety Oriented
§ http://www.grandmasterscycling.org/ - Cycling for the
rest Best of your Life
§ http://www.lagrange.org/ – Club for serious cyclist and bike racers
§ Bikerowave and other local bike stores and shops
§ Biking in the South Bay (Seth Davidson)
§ LACBC – www.BikeLA.org
§ LADOT – Bike Program (http://bike.lacity.org)
§ Culver City Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory committee –
· Meets the third Thursday of odd months (January, March...) at 6:00 p.m. in the Patacchia Conference Room. The next regular BPAC meeting will be on January 19th at 6:00 p.m.
§ Coordinator, Eric Bruins, can be reached at (310) 253-5616 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
§ CicLAvia (Sunday, March 26, 2016) http://www.ciclavia.org/
§ People for Bikes http://www.peopleforbikes.org/
§ Streets Blog LA - http://la.streetsblog.org/
* PUBLIC INPUT AT NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL MEETINGS – The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any agenda item before the Board takes an action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that are within the Board’s jurisdiction will be heard during the General Public Comment period. Please note that under the Brown Act, the Board is prevented from acting on a matter that you bring to its attention during the General Public Comment period; however, the issue raised by a member of the public may become the subject of a future Board meeting. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless adjusted by the presiding officer of the Board.
* PUBLIC POSTING OF AGENDAS - MVCC agendas are posted for public review at Mar Vista Recreation
Center, 11430 Woodbine Street, Mar Vista, CA 90066 You can also receive our agendas via email by subscribing to L.A. City’s Early Notification System at https://www.lacity.org/subscriptions
* THE AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT - As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices and other auxiliary aids and/or services, may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting email@example.com.
* PUBLIC ACCESS OF RECORDS – In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting may be viewed at our website, http://www.marvista.org, or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* RECONSIDERATION AND GRIEVANCE PROCESS - For information on MVCC’s process for board action reconsideration, stakeholder grievance policy, or any other procedural matters related to this Council, please consult the MVCC Bylaws. The Bylaws are available at our Board meetings and our website.
|02022017 BicycleAgenda.pdf||218.84 KB|