- Council Actions
- Aging in Place
- Community Outreach
- Education, Culture & Arts
- Executive & Finance
- Elections & Bylaws
- Green Committee
- Homeless Issues
- Planning & Land Use
- Recreation & Open Space
- Committee on Public Safety
- Santa Monica Airport
- Transportation & Infrastructure
- Bi-Monthly LADOT/CD11/LAPD Traffic
- Fire Station 62 Ad Hoc
- Great Streets Ad Hoc
- Neighborhood Traffic Management Plan
- Community Forum
- Community Resources
- About Us
- Contact Us
Aging in Place Committee Guest Speaker - Purposeful Aging LA Listening Session
Date:Feb 16 2017 - 6:00pm
Thursday, February 16th, 2016
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Note Room Change
Windward School Room 210/220
See location on map below
11350 Palms Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90066
Co-Chairs – Sherri Akers, Tatjana Luethi, Birgitta Kastenbaum
Co-Founders – Sherri Akers, Tatjana Luethi
Guest Speaker – Adriana Mendoza – AARP and Purposeful Aging LA - Community Listening Session. We are thrilled to host the very first Listening Session for Purposeful Aging LA!
The purpose of the Community Listening Sessions is to assess the needs, wants and priorities of older adults and intergenerational residents throughout the Los Angeles region. Participants share their insights on how their community can become more age-friendly today and share their ideas for making their community more age-friendly in the future. This assessment is used to inform the Los Angeles region’s age-friendly action-plan, which is being developed as part of the Purposeful Aging Los Angeles Age-Friendly Initiative.
- Following the main discussion, we'll identify top priorities. The wrap-up will include a brief highlight of AARP’s Public Policy Institute’s Livability Index.
- Everyone who provides an address or email will receive a summary of this session within four weeks.
The full agenda and minutes from prior month will be posted here 72 hours before the meeting.